Sunday, August 3, 2008

Niece slumber party


On Friday, I had 4 of my older nieces come over and stay the night, a long with my sister to come help me. Kyle, of course, went and stayed the night with a friend so we could have girl time. :) Because I have so many nephew and nieces, it gets pretty hard to afford a birthday present for them all. Especially since they all seem to have their birthday so close together. Therefore, I came up with a slumber party idea for the older ones. I have to admit that I was a little nervous having them all over to stay the night since I have never done that before. But we had alot of fun and they all did so good. We had a fashion show with their dress up clothes and then a talent show to which they all sang a song. VERY cute since they can all act so shy. E, one of my neices that is 4, she and her sisters bed time can be as early as 7:30. Remind you they came over at about 6:45 pm. By 8, she already told me that she was ready for her "nap". Funny enough though, she was one of the last to fall asleep. I have to say how funny it was at ages 4 and 6, when I had turned the lights out to go to sleep, they were already giggling and making "snore" noices. I, of course, couldn't help but laugh with them. More so that I just thought it was so funny at a young age they already knew how to behave at a typical "slumber party". It made me feel good that all through that night one of my other neices kept walking up to me to tell me she was having "so much fun!". I can only hope to continue to be that "fun aunt". :)

Another wonderful thing happened this weekend. One of my bestest friends had her first baby today! It was a girl. They knew they were having a girl. No surprising themselves with the gender. I haven't met her yet. My poor friend went in at around 9pm last night after her water had broke. At about 5:30 this morning, I texted her husband to see where she was at and she was only 2 cm!! Then at 12:30pm, they said that they are going to have to give her a c-section. I was so nervous for her but when I called her sister, she told me that Ali, my friend, was in total peace and was not nervous at all. I was so happy to hear that because I was pretty sure that she was going to be crying. :) But she is very strong and I am pretty sure she just felt ready to have the baby in the world already. Then at 1:50 that afternoon she arrived! All 6 lbs and 12 oz of her. I will go visit tomorrow since I am sure she was so very tired. And I can't wait!
This weekend turned out to be a wonderful weekend.

No comments: