Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not in your own understanding; in all your way acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

I have read, memorized and studied that verse for as long as I can remember. But when I read that the other day, I felt like I actually understood it in a way that I never have before.
The other day we found out, the couple who wanted to sell their house and Kyle and I were looking into buying/renting are wanting to be out of there by October! I was really bummed because I just saw that there was no way that we could fix up what was needed in our house and find a renter by then. But then I decided to have total faith in God. That if this was His will, He can make a way when there seems to be no way. And I told God that if this house is not for us to move into, to take the desire out of my heart. The desire didn't leave for a couple of days. I believe He did that so I could stretch my faith and have a new understanding. Then the desires went away and I was OK with being in our house. It's funny how He will open doors to only close them again. I don't take it as Him being mean or teasing. Instead, for us to learn from it. This might seem weird but using a house made my relationship with God a whole lot stronger. He just showed me many things through the house situation. That I just need to have faith in Him and believe that He has a plan for me in every situation. Even as little as what house to live in. What a God I serve who cares even about that.
So, as of now, we will continue living in our townhouse and fix it up. We plan on ripping out the carpet and put in hardwood flooring. And updating some of the lighting, repainting some rooms and fix up the ceiling up stairs. We plan to finish it all next year. Then we will decide if we want to sell or rent. And I have already handed it all to God and asked that He just guide us through it. And I know that He will.
And I will be more thankful for my little townhouse. It was a blessing after all. That a young married couple who never lived outside their parents home before is able to buy their first home. I am so thankful for that because it was only by God that we were able to even do that.

1 comment:

Emmy said...

You are more than welcome to add me to your page! And absolutely! I will pray for you and your husband, and will add to next weeks list as well!