Monday, August 11, 2008

Catching Up

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I feel like I have been so busy. I have been catching up on some much needed cleaning and catching back up with friends that I haven't talked to in a while. It's been so nice to see them all again and hearing what all new has been going on with them.
First, I have to share that Kyle is looking for a new job. Yay!! He is applying at our cable/phone company here in our town. Cox Cable is the name. It's a huge growing business and there is so much there that Kyle could do and would really enjoy. A wonderful guy in our church works there and he talked to Kyle about it and it sounds so great! There are awesome benefits and his pay would be amazing. Plus, when he graduates next spring, he will get a huge bonus! What a great way to celebrate. Our friend said that there is an opening on the "media side" and it would be perfect since that is what Kyle is going to school for. He applies this week and so, if you think about it, please be praying that God will have favor and allow Kyle to get this job.
This past weekend was very nice. I felt like I was always doing something but I, surprisingly, never felt overwhelmed. I just was able to get a lot done. Saturday morning, my sister and I went yard saling. It was such a pretty day and it wasn't as hot as it has been. And I actually found something! First a little history with my bargain shopping. You know, there are just some people who are so good at bargain shopping and they find all the great deals. I am NOT one of them. I have the worst luck. I am the girl who will see a jacket that I really like. It's pretty pricey so I will wait until it goes on sale. I go back after a while and discover that there is only 2 more left of my size and it's still not on sale. So, I just go ahead and get it. I happen to go back to the store the next day and wouldn't you know, the jacket is 50% off of the original price. And not just that but my size is still there! So, I don't ever find anything when I go yard saling. But I did Saturday! I have been wanting/ needing a cabinet shelf to hang on the wall in my master bathroom. And the cheapest I saw was $40. I told myself I would wait until after all my trips in October I would get it. Well, I found one for just $2!! It's in great condition and it's white, the color I wanted to match my bathroom. And its actually better than the $40 one since it also has a towel rack. I was very happy. :) I also was able to catch up on laundry and clean my carpet. Kyle painted the spots in our hallway that needed it since I don't know....6 months! I was very happy with how my house looked after doing just those two things. Amazing how that works. I also went and visited my good friend who just had her baby about a week ago. Saturday was her birthday. She is doing so good and looks good too! And of course baby Ava is adorable. Ethen, the big brother, was so happy to see me! :) He thought I was there to play with him so when I sat to talk to Ali, he walked up to me and said, "Sarah. It's time to go play in my room. Come on!" It was so cute. And he is such a good big brother. :)

Wednesday, I am having my Mary Kay get together. A friend of mine sells Mary Kay and I love their products. I was so happy to hear she was a mary kay consultant since I knew that she wouldn't bother me about becoming a consultant myself. *Been there done that. I was horrible!* I am very excited though. We will have lots of fun I am sure.

And the last one, I promise! :) I came across another blog and she had this great idea! Every Wednesday she posts up prayer requests for us all to come together and pray for. You can email her your prayer requests and she will post it up with the others. She just started last week. She calls it "Push Wednesday". Here is the blog for you to see and read for yourself how it all works; http://emilynickole.blogspot.com/2008/08/push-wednesdays.html
I just think it's an amazing idea and so she gave me permission to post on here to spread the word. I am a total believer of the power of praying. God has proven Himself real to me through praying. He has answered so many and there is still some that I am waiting for but I know without a doubt they will be answered. He hears every prayer out there. So, please read it and again, if you have any to be added, email her and she will be more than happy to post up. :)
OK, that is all for now. Sorry kind of long. And I will keep you posted on the job with Kyle.
~Sarah

No comments: