Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Missing Person Alert

OK, so the title is a little exaggerated but I can not believe I have not posted on here in almost a month! I am not even sure how many readers I have but still!  Well, there is a lot to update you all on.
  • The job interview.  It went well and I was pretty sure that I got the job.  But it's been a month and I haven't even heard from the place.  I was so bummed for the longest time but I went and applied at other places and again, either don't hear back or they tell me that they are not hiring at this time.  I applied at American Eagle Outfitters and they are hiring either this week or next for the holidays.  I am pretty sure that I will have that job.  I swear I go there like everyday to see if they have gone through all the applications.  I guess I am nagging but the manager was pretty pleased that I was so consistent.  It's crazy because I was so stuck on my monday-friday, 8-5 jobs that I couldn't even imagine working retail but since I don't really have weekends since I am not working at all, I don't mind so much.  But I guess we will know what happens when they finally start hiring.   It has been pretty tough though.  We get stressed with how are we going to be able to pay some bills but God has been there and provided for us every time.  There is no way that I could/ would deny Him.  He has proven Himself real to me way too many times.  Plus, I know that we are not the only ones struggling.  We actually have it made to some people out there who have been laid off their jobs.  They have lost their house, maybe even their families.  It's  a tough time but I try to just focus on the positive and not on the negative.  Thanks for all of those who have been praying for us.  I have no words to even describe how much that means to me.  And again, a special thanks to Emily. :)
  • Family.  Well, one of my sisters just announced a week ago that they are expecting another baby!  I am so happy for them!  This is their fifth!  Ha, I guess my family just likes having big families.  And I love watching them all have big families. :)  I don't think I could have that many but I love having a million nephew and nieces.   It's awesome!  The other 8 are doing good too.  It looks like my younger brother will be getting married next year.  Him and his girlfriend aren't engaged yet but it looks like that will happen very soon.  I am so  happy for him.  Amanda, his girlfriend, is just a wonderful girl and she just loves him for who he is and I couldn't be happier.  The other day I was thinking about it and I teared up, (I am for sure the emotional one in the family).  It's just so great.    
Ok, it's getting late and I have a busy day tomorrow.  I hope everyone is doing great!  And I promise to not disappear for so long!  :)

No comments: